MIRAGE “A ROUNDABOUT FOR CERAMICS AND THE TERRITORY” CONTEST: THE WINNER
Lots of designs, lots of ideas and above all plenty of participation in the contest entitled "A roundabout for ceramics and territory", which received over 150 entries.
Architecture firms, engineers and designers from more than 15 countries took part in the contest, aiming to design an installation for the roundabout at the entrance to the company, and the whole area of Frignano, demonstrating the fact that creativity and innovation can be applied to contexts that are usually considered institutional.
The Jury, constituted by:
1. Luca Mussini (Gruppo Concorde President and Managing Director)
2. Romano Canovi (Pavullo nel Frignano municipality Mayor)
3. Mirco Migliari (Mirage President)
4. Grazia De Luca (representative for urban developement planning for Pavullo nel Frignano municipality)
5. Giovanni Nobili (representative for technical services for Pavullo nel Frignano municipality)
6. Massimiliano Croci (Mirage Marketing Manager)
assessed each entry based on the criteria listed in the contest regulations and instructions:
1. NATURE OF THE DESIGN SOLUTION;
2. FEASIBILITY OF THE PROPOSED IDEA;
3. RELEVANCE TO THE CONCEPT OF "CERAMICS AND TERRITORY";
The Jury selected FRAME project as the contest winner, realized by Arch Valerio Bianchi, Arch. Costanza Bruini and Eng. Francesco Bursi with the following reasons:
The project provides a balanced, creative interpretation of the main criteria requested in the contest announcement.
The jury was particularly impressed with the dual interpretation of "gateway (portal) to the Apennines", and above all by the original re-interpretation of vintage postcards, recalling moments and holidays spent in Pavullo. Both prospects are rapidly and easily comprehensible. The two subjects proposed provide a clear composition structure that can easily be applied to two different landscape aspects – territory and industry – which converge in a single area.